Healthy Louisiana Medicaid Expansion enrolment begins June 1, 2016 and becomes effective July 1, 2016. SWLA Center for Health Services is poised to offer the communities it serves on site in –person Medicaid Application assistance. All four SWLA Center for Health Services sites are certified as Medicaid Application Centers.
Our Lake Charles, Lafayette, Crowley and Oberlin sites have certified application assistors that can assist you with your application. There’s no charge. It’s FREE!
Call site nearest you to schedule an appointment or just come on in. We’re ready to help!
In addition to onsite applications, feel free to call out Outreach Coordinator, Dianna Ross at 337-312-2014 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about offsite sessions for groups of 25 or more.
Any adult who meets the eligibility criteria listed below will be able to enroll in Medicaid under the expansion.
• Aged 19 to 64 years old
• Has a household income less than 138 % of the federal poverty level (see chart below)
• Doesn't already qualify for Medicaid or Medicare
• Must meet citizenship requirement
To enroll under expanded Medicaid, it will not be necessary to have a dependent child in your household. There is no asset test.
People enrolled in GNOCHC or Take Charge Plus do not need to apply for Medicaid expansion coverage. Those eligible for Medicaid expansion coverage will get a letter from Medicaid telling them they will have full Medicaid effective July 1. Some Take Charge Plus enrollees will not be eligible for expanded Medicaid, but will retain their Take Charge Plus benefits. All GNOCHC enrollees will be enrolled in expanded Medicaid.
Note: All enrollees of these programs who have changed their mailing address since applying should click here to update their contact information. Any enrollee of these programs that qualify for expanded Medicaid but for whom DHH does not have a valid mailing address will lose their services and will not be enrolled in Medicaid on July 1, 2016.
• You may apply for this expanded Medicaid beginning June 1st by visiting www.healthy.la.gov or onsite at the SWLA Center for Health Services location nearest you.
• Call 337-439-9983 to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our certified application specialists or just walk-in for “FREE” application assistance.